Sunday, February 8, 2009

I should have studied harder in French class...

So I am here with my people in Nauokchott, Mauritania.  It is beautiful here.  We were treated like royalty.  The hotel is 4 star.  It's a lot better than what I expected or should I say led to believe.  The only obstacle I even have to overcome is the language barrier.  For example, this morning before our trip to the embassy I wanted to take a shower.  However, G had a hard time getting the shower to work.  So I flag down the housekeeper and realize that I have not translator to convey my problem.  So for a good 2 minutes we are in a stalemate.  I end up using some obscure sign language to even get her to come my way.  Then I have to practically walk her into the bathroom to show her that I need help working the shower.  Lol.  I felt like a baby trying to tell my mommy that I need my diaper changed.  Crazy! I AM AN IMMIGRANT! I should've studied harder in French class. Catch you guys later.  Pics to follow later.  Holla :)

No comments:

Post a Comment