Friday, February 20, 2009

Don't Talk About It...

Be about it. So we are in Cote D'Ivoire after spending a wonderful time with the Togolese in Lome. Now...the people were wonderful and the Beach was gorgeous. It was just a heart tugger for me to see the amount of Togolese who had nowhere to stay but on the beach. My plan y'all, for real, is to become more involved in supporting countries like Lome, Togo and Kaedi, Mauritania in whatever way I can. It was just hard as a human being to see people without access to water, knowing that in a few weeks I may take that NECESSITY for granted. I will also try to make it a point to stay in touch with the Ambassador of Togo just to see what efforts are being made to help those in need. Now don't get me wrong, I am not being naive and thinking that all can be fixed in a year or 2. I think I just might feel a little more comfortable knowing what the plan of action is because it seemed as though some folk has a habit of dwelling on how bad the situation is instead of looking for the silver lining. By the way...Togo has some REAL hip hop y'all. Shout out to my boy Eric MC aka baby Shaba. Signing off again y'all. Peace
G

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you get an opportunity to grow and learn from our people and then make a difference. I've always heard that a trip to
    Africa really changes people and makes them want to be involved. Prayerfully, I will be able to make that journey as well...Be blessed brother, and you know we miss ya and got some stories for you as well~lol..
    kashan.

    ReplyDelete